[AT] Melting it all down.(copper is the new gold), now: Age-related hoarding

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jul 19 14:35:42 PDT 2008

Larry, thanks for finally putting a name to my disorder or affliction. I've
certainly got it bad and have had for years now. Trouble is I am conflicted
having the genes of my grandmother on one side who never saved anything and
burned who knows how many unreplaceable family heirlooms in the old kitchen
stove during her 'cleanups'. On the other side of the family I have the
other extreme where hardly anything was thrown away. Most of the stuff they
saved has now fallen into my "collection". Its fortunate that I live on a
farm with almost unlimited storage space.
I've seriously looked at selling some of it on ebay but when it comes right
down to it, I enjoy the "stuff" more than I would the cash. So I don't buy
as much as I used to but I don't throw much away either.

Ralph in Sask.