[AT] Melting it all down.(copper is the new gold)

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Jul 18 20:43:56 PDT 2008

John Hall wrote:
> Charlie and anyone else who farms or owns a farm---buy farm liability
> insurance--it is dirt cheap.
>
> John

	I would rather not have basic insurance on the buildings (if push came
to shove) than to operate without property liability insurance.
	The property we have over in the next county is much higher risk than
the home farm.
We don't live there.
The rental house sits empty at times.
There is a fair sized river running the length of it. That river runs
through a lime-stone bed which has some large hidden crevices in the
bottom of it.
There is a mill-race and some secondary water channels with pools of
water where kids are prone to swim.
There are a number of drop-offs including one 40' stone cliff.
It is mostly rocks and trees.
It runs across the back of the village and draws kids (and some adults)
like a magnet.
We look the other way in regards to fishermen, hikers and horseback
riders (but chase ATV's out constantly. They cause severe erosion).

-

Note: If it seems that I have been on-line a lot the last couple of days
it is because after trying to get some hay baled all week my back
decided to shut me down completely for a little while. It seems to be a
lot better tonight. One nice thing about being retired is that I don't
really much care if I get a lot more baled or not. We have enough coming
in to live on (as long as we don't get silly) without working and
anything else like hay or woodworking etc. is "extra" money.
	I sold 100 bales this week to a fellow who bought it on the ground
behind the baler. Thats my kind of hay handling.   :-) The back problem
didn't come from throwing bales but from sitting turned around looking
back so much. Since my neck doesn't swivel as well as it used to my body
has to twist a lot more and it doesn't twist very well either...   :-)
  Ahhh, the joys of getting old...   :-)

--

"farmer"

I wouldn't mind being absent minded so bad if forgetfulness
could just be a little more selective. Just last week I
was saying so to "whats-her-name..."

Hay & Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)