[AT] Melting it all down.(copper is the new gold)

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Jul 18 16:55:58 PDT 2008

I know exactly what you mean David.  For the most part I don't say anything
because my mother still lives on the -place alone and she'll be 90 on the
31st.   I don't want anyone mad at her or taking revenge but it sure does
get my hackles up.  I had one neighbor that begged me for years to let him
cut some black walnut trees so he could have the lumber to build gun stocks.
I didn't say he wanted to buy them.  He wanted them for free.  That old fool
finally died so I don't have to put up with him any more.

I also have some neighbors that I don't mind having on the place.  As long
as they know who owns it and respect it I'm fine with it.  A lot of the
folks in the community like to fish in our farm ponds.  I don't mind that at
all but I'm constantly worried that someone will fall in and drown and sue
us.  I have part of the pond banks sloped back so that it would be nearly
impossible for that to happen but not all of them.  Of course you know which
banks they fish from.

Cutting up the field roads took care of most of our problems.  These guys
are too lazy to walk except for the metal detector guys and the deer hunters
but that's another story.

Charlie