[AT] Melting it all down.(copper is the new gold)

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Jul 18 15:19:37 PDT 2008

Same here Farmer.  I guess I'm just old school but I don't want to mess with
something that belongs to someone else and I don't want them messing with my
stuff.

There is nothing quite as unsettling as driving out the end of a set of
tobacco rows and nearly running over OR getting run over some neighbor kid
running 50 mph on a dirt bike.  Usually the parents of such kid can barely
afford the monthly payment on the dirt bike let alone any land for the kids
to ride on.  They just assume it's ok to ride on your farm.  After all it's
just dirt.  Then there's the fishing in the farm ponds and hunting without
permission and then that brings me back to my favorite metal detecting.
Don't get me wrong I'd like to have a metal detector and one day I might buy
one  but I doubt if there will be anything left to look for on our farm by
then.

Some may think I'm being foolish about the metal detector but think about
it.  If there is any thing of value on my land who does it belong to?  ME.
Just because I haven't dug it up yet doesn't mean it belongs to the first
Tom Dick or Harry that comes along.  Do you think any of them would bother
to work our place if they were required to bring me anything they found?
Our farm is on a piece of land that is among the very earliest settlements
in this country and was I'm sure occupied by indians prior to that.  There
is no telling what might be in the ground and I'd like to look at it myself
one day.

By the way Farmer,  I've got a couple of nice spots for primative camping
too and if anyone on the list ever wants to use them I'll make the same
offer you did as long as it doesn't interupt the tenant farmers operations.

Charlie

Charlie