[AT] Melting it all down.(copper is the new gold)

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Jul 18 06:58:54 PDT 2008

Roy that is based on experience.  I had an old GMC road tractor that I was
making a living with when I was in my 20's.  I decided to go back to school.
I didn't want to sell it and figured I'd do some hauling when I could while
going to school.  So I parked it back by the barn, thinking I'd make a few
minor repairs on it when I could.  In a matter of a few weeks folks were
about to drive me crazy to buy it.

Then there was my 72 Chevy pickup.  It had a bad transmission.  I didn't
really need it at the time so I parked it down in the corner of the yard
with woods blocking the view on 2 sides, a hill on another side and a big
cedar tree on the last side.  I was just waiting to find a good used
automatic transmission for it.  I didn't want to sell it.   Same thing.
People started driving me crazy about it.  One day a guy happened to come
along when I needed some cash and was wondering where I was going to get it
so I sold it to him.  Another guy, a good friend got really mad because I
didn't sell it to him.

I promise you that if I had put either one of them out by the road and put a
price on them everyone would have wanted to know what was wrong with them
and would have tried to beat my price down.

It's a thing about forbidden fruit as far as I can tell.  Just like the bags
of pea gravel Dean was talking about.

Charlie