[AT] Melting it all down.

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 17 20:18:46 PDT 2008

 Had a guy stop in work today wanting to buy scrap. I just cleared out
everything about a month ago. This fellow wanted to even buy the metal
chips. The scrapyard he sellls to told him he could fill cars with mixed
metal as it had to go to a shredder anyway. Trying to save and sell chips
can cost more than they are worth unless you are running a lot of copper or
stainless. However, if we can mix them and not have to sort them, thats
another story.

 To keep this tractor related, we cleaned up the farm here about 15 years
ago. We gave it all away to anyone who would haul it. I wish it were all
here now, if so we would do the hauling. We sent away a grain binder, Case
thresher, hay loader, Farmall C carcass, IH 50T baler, grain dryer, and more
"scrap iron" than could be loaded by 3 men in 2 days.

John