[Ford-ferguson] question

Bob Smolen boka at mwt.net
Sun Jul 13 22:43:21 PDT 2008

I have had this happen and it seems the condenser or points are the
culpprit. Also, check to see that the bare copper wire from the side of the
distributor (inside where the wire connects to the screw on the outside)to
the points is not grounding against the inside of the distributor. I have
seen this problem on other tractors and the distributor components seem to
be the problem. Cheap fix to replace these even if I am wrong. I suspected
the float in the past but it was ok in my experience. It is  worth a try
before messing with the distributor..
Just my $.02. Good luck.
Bob