[AT] OT: recording vinyl to computer files (was Re: The Wreck Of The Old 97/OT

rlgoss at insightbb.com rlgoss at insightbb.com
Sun Jan 27 16:12:53 PST 2008

Hey, Mike, et al.-  I presume all the systems are operating with the pattern of "Record, Tweak, Label, Convert from A-D, and Burn or File."  Is there a method on the market yet that can do the job real time?  Or am I dreaming about such a thing being possible?

I finished the conversion on all the 78's, 45's and misc. stuff a couple of years ago, but I got bogged down on the LP's because they take so much time.  I have more important things to do (work on tractors) than to sit around listening to that whole collection of music.

BTW, does anyone know of a recording standard that will allow more than 20 tracks per disk?

Larry