[AT] OT: recording vinyl to computer files (was Re: The Wreck Of The Old 97/OT

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jan 27 15:13:53 PST 2008

Nero is good, but Audicity <http://audacity.sourceforge.net/> is *free*
and many users swear by it. The learning curve is a little on the steep
side. But it does have a lot of features (like "click" and pop" filters.
I record my LPs using an inexpensive USB interface that bypasses the
analog sound card, which is usually the weak link in the process. Also,
the higher your sampling rate when construction sound files, the better
your music will sound. For old 78's, you don't need to worry about the
quality as much.

Mike