[AT] OT: recording vinyl to computer files (was Re: The Wreck Of The Old 97/OT

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Jan 27 20:14:22 PST 2008

Audacity will allow you to record in real time directly to .wav format.
The older version of Musicmatch I have will allow you to convert analog
to .mp3 in real time. It can also be set to break at each track and add
filenames for you.

On the recording standard it depends on what your playing the music on
and how long the tracks are.
I have normal cds with 23 tracks in .cda format.
In 192 bit mp3 I have put 110 tracks on a CD.
If I burn to DVD I can throw about 600 on there. BUT that limits what
can play them back.

--
Steve W.
Firefighter,EMT,Fire Police

rlgoss at insightbb.com wrote:
> Hey, Mike, et al.-  I presume all the systems are operating with the pattern of
"Record, Tweak, Label, Convert from A-D, and Burn or File."  Is there a
method on
the market yet that can do the job real time?  Or am I dreaming about
such a thing
being possible?

> I finished the conversion on all the 78's, 45's and misc. stuff a couple of years ago,
but I got bogged down on the LP's because they take so much time.  I
have more important
things to do (work on tractors) than to sit around listening to that
whole collection of music.