[AT] Here we go again

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Jan 24 12:04:20 PST 2008

--On Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:28 AM -0800 Dave Ernst <shop at cccomm.net>
wrote:

> Just found that Epson Photo Center is closing and all pictures will be
> deleted April 30th.
>
> At least there is a warning, not like Photopoint where I lost a lot of
> good photos.
>
> So, lets start again, the pros & cons of whats out there and a good site
> to go to.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dave E

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

	I just got a message last week from Sony Image Station that they were
closing and will be deleting all pictures soon. I thought that it didn't
matter to me too much since I had long ago quit using it after I had
started using the Epson Photo Center instead... Oh, well...

	It all kind of reminds me a comment I made that sort of ticked off a local
newspaper editor. I have published a number of articles there over the
years. After many years of long term editors the local paper was going
through editors like an elephant goes through peanuts. I emailed him when
they announced that he had been hired as editor and introduced myself and
told him that I would come and meet him after he had been there long enough
to look like he was going to be semi-permanent... He failed to see the
humor in the comment...   :-)  He never did ask for any articles from me.
:-)   I believe that there have been at least two more since that guy...

	What picture site will be next to go? Does Google have one? They are the
new "power" on the web...
	I guess it's back to the shoe boxes.  :-)

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA