[AT] Here we go again

rlgoss at insightbb.com rlgoss at insightbb.com
Thu Jan 24 13:56:55 PST 2008

I inow the feeling well, Farmer.  I'm keeping images on my own computer, using Picasa2 (free from Google) to organize them, and then burning CD's at will for people who are interested in seeing particular collections.  It probably isn't the solution for everyone, but it works for me.  The most recent project was the digital archiving of my mother's photo album from 1921-1928.  I digitized all 450 photos over Thanksgiving weekend, sorted and captioned them, and burned about a dozen CD's for relatives and friends and gave them away as late personalized Christmas gifts.  When it comes to tractors, I turn out a CD per year and give them away to other collectors who are looking at the same brand and models.  The CD's in that instance include not only photos but PDF files of historic literature as well.  Once again, that may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it works for me.

FWIW, a CD costs about 25 cents to reproduce.

Larry