[Farmall] Chevy Diesel V8 5.7 Litr.

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Jan 21 05:30:48 PST 2008

I guess it is one of those "it depends" situations. My dentist bought a
new big Olds station wagon with that engine. After about 80K miles he
discovered that he couldn't find a seller, so he kept driving it for
another 100K, until the car pretty much just fell apart. But the engine
was fine. I will say that he is an antique car buff, so he is gentle
with his machines.

My recollection was that the engine compartment was pretty well stuffed,
with two big batteries, just like the ones in the IHC 6.9 liter diesel
in my '86 F-350 truck, which is standing by to plow the road, if it ever
snows again. (Mandatory IHC reference!)
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/other_machinery/ford_f350.html>

Mike