[AT] Neat jack idea

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 13 22:26:10 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <K7jdj at aol.com>
To: <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Neat jack idea

> Farmer describes my exact problems with the Hi Lift jack.   After it beat
> me up a  few times I'm with
> farmer and treat it like dynamite and have not taken any hits  but I sure
> wouldn't recommend letting anything or anybody near the handle. Mine  is
> wood with
> a large piece of conduit over it since time has taken a toll on the  wood.
>  > Gary
> Renton, WA

Wooden handles? That must be a different style jack from the ones we have
here known as the Jackall. They have always been a steel pipe handle as far
as I know. A cheap alternative to WD40 is just to pour some diesel fuel onto
the working mechanism and pins to keep them operating smoothly.
Its a little dark and cold to go out and take a picture of one so here is an
image I found on the net of the  "Canadian Jackall".
http://www.carterrv.com/e350winch/jackall48.jpg

Ralph in Sask.