[AT] (no subject)

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Thu Jan 10 16:28:31 PST 2008

    Case did make a complete line of crawler tractors from the little
300/310 series to the 1000 in the '00 line, then in the  350 to the powerful
1550 tractors. The 500 was the first crawler to use a torque converter
drive. Case bought out the American Tractor Company in 1956 and this was the
basis for the Case crawler line. Early models used Continental 4 and 6
cylinder engines and were all converted to the Case tractor engines as
production progressed.
    The 1000 clearing your land probably had the 382 Cu.In. Continental
diesel engine.

                        Gene