[AT] country disc well grounded

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Tue Jan 8 10:41:08 PST 2008

Kevin,

I had an IH No. 10 tandem disk once that had 4 discs per gang.  It looked
and pulled just right behind a Farmall A.  The insides of the four gangs
were the pivot points for angling.  The tongue had notches along the top
side with a collar that could be made to slide back and forth along the
tongue whenever a lever was pulled forward raising a detent out of one of
the notches.  Sliding the collar would move angle irons, which moved the
outsides of the front gangs.  When the front gangs were angled they in turn,
through linkages, moved the outsides of the aft gangs.  Its' hitch/angling
linkages, however, sure didn't look anything at all like yours' so I would
guess that if yours' is IH it is not a No. 10.

My neighbor behind me has a Farmall B and a small disc so I thought I'd walk
back and take a closer look at it.  It is a John Deere but I couldn't find
the PN/SN tag.  It is a 4 disc per gang tandem like the IH No. 10 I had.
About the only difference I could see/remember between these two discs is
the pivot point mechanism.  The John Deere disc has ball joints.  So, if
your' disc is a John Deere it's not this model (whatever that is).

If your' disc were angled at all I think it would be about all a Farmall A
could handle.  But a Cub??  Well maybe, but I think you'd want to give it a
few steroid shots first -
Dudley