[AT] OT - Country music

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sun Jan 6 07:55:23 PST 2008

I guess it's all in how you take it.  Here in NC it's not against the law to
pull off the road BUT farm equipment has right of way everywhere but
Interstates and limited access freeways.  Around here  farms are scattered
out between subdivisions and woodland tracts.  Road shoulders are narrow and
usually have lots of signs and mailboxes in the way.  There is almost always
a ditch bank or trees or both just off the road shoulder.  It's almost
impossible to get anything with a big disk, a planter, spray rig, combine,
etc.  out of the way of traffic.

I know one guy that worked on a local farm for many years.  He loves the
work and he's good at it but the farmer leases land all around the county.
The stress of driving the equipment on the highway between farms was more
than the guy could take and he eventually quit his job JUST because of
having to drive on the highway and be yelled at, cussed at and nearly run
over by car and truck drivers that couldn't accept the fact that he could
not get out of their way.

Charlie