[AT] Country music gripe

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sat Jan 5 09:48:45 PST 2008

Farmer, I'm with you--I don't quite understand the attraction or
marketability of arrogant behavior.  Sure does seem pretty common, though.
Maybe the artist in question is hoping to get a date with Paris Hilton.

I like a lot of different kinds of music but never listen to the radio at
home and mighty rarely in the car.  I've got some stations on the car radio
buttons that once in a while play songs I like but they also seem to employ
people who think I want to listen to them gab and make wise with each other,
so the Off button is one of my more popular selections.

Most music I listen to is at least five or ten years old since it takes me
that long to hear a song enough times that I decide I ought to go ahead and
buy it.  Eventually I make a cassette tape recording of various "new" songs
that way, and then will put that on the stereo at home or in the car.  Makes
my kids roll their eyes and plug in their iPod headphones, but it sounds
fine to me and it works.  This morning on the way out to run some errands I
put in whatever tape was handy, and it started off with "You're The Reason
God Made Oklahoma."  I don't think Paris was the inspiration for that one.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net