[AT] Now: PTO to Trailer

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 3 14:18:02 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "charlie hill" <chill8 at suddenlink.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Now: PTO to Trailer

>I suspect it would be very easy to jack knife a rig like that if you made
> any sudden or extreme turns.  If it had some mechanism to limit the swing
> of
> the trailer tongue it would help.  I wouldn't be afraid to try it but it
> would need a driver with a steady hand and a cool head.

Charlie, I was thinking the same way. As long as your travelling in a
straight line on dry surfaces with good traction it might be fine but I
think any changing of direction , steering angles, etc. combined with ice,
snow, loose soil or gravel, that tractor might just get sideways before the
driver could get it under control.
I've never driven a narrow front "tricycle" tractor but I suspect they are a
little less stable than the wide front, western special type tractors that I
am used to.

Ralph in Sask.