[AT] quiet list(wheat prices)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 22 09:57:22 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Fink Sr" <nancydick at pennswoods.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] quiet list(wheat prices)

> Ralf and others on this ethanol fling. Thay are building a plant to
> turn it to fuel[corn] not to far from me.[ Clearfield] 20-30 miles it
> is in the high millions to build and really out in the country. From
> what little i have read on this stuff it can't be piped must be
> hauled in special trailers. Don't make much sense to me unless they
> build a oil  processing plant near it.

Richard, I have read recently that due to the higher grain prices there have
been several of these ethanol plant projects put on hold. Expensive grain
really cuts into the viability of producing ethanol. Plus, the farmer has no
problem selling his grain into the food market for a good price so the
ethanol plants have to compete with that. So far its all good news for the
farmer but no telling how long it will last.

Ralph in Sask.