[AT] Upcoming auction

John Slavin chaunceyjb at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 15 11:16:13 PST 2008

Hello everyone.

A few months ago I asked for help in getting the right info on some
tractors in my uncle's estate.  We're having an estate sale next
week.  The farm machinery will sell on next Wednesday Feb. 19, 2008.
Of interest to this group, there is an Allis WD and a WD45 (the 45
has a stuck motor).  The 45 has a wide front end.  There is a snap
coupler blade for the Allis tractors and a loader that was on the
WD.  The sale bill calls it an AC WD 9 loader (I assume the
auctioneers know what they're talking about).  Moreover there is a
Minneapolis-Moline ZAU  You guys helped me ID it as a 1949 model from
Serial Number 0064901296.  There is a cultivator that went with the
Minnie.  I can't verify it's all there, but it was in the shed right
beside the Minnie and has been there for many years.  The Minnie too
has been in the shed for many years, like for around 40 or so (I'm 50
and I'm not sure I ever saw the tractor running) and hasn't been run
since it was parked in the shed, but the hired hand tells me that the
engine is not stuck.  Obviously the 45 isn't running now, but the WD,
I believe, runs fine.    Although I haven't seen it run,  the hired
hand tells me it runs fine.

I do have a financial interest in this sale, but thought you all
might want to know about it.  If you have any questions I'll try to
help.  The sale bill is here:

<http://www.sullivanauctioneers.com/02.19.08.Slavin/auction2.html>

The auction company is allowing online bidding for at least some
items, but I don't know about these.  You certainly can inquire if
you're interested but can't attend.  I think they have some hoops you
have to jump through to qualify.  I'm sure we could arrange to store
any tractor for a while until you get here to get it picked up.  Feel
free to email me with any questions.

John Slavin