[AT] TEST? NOW Ramble! (long)

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Tue Feb 12 04:58:26 PST 2008

Greg the fellow that used to live next door to me is pretty handy.
He is recently retired as a "multi-craft maintenance technician" for a paper
mill.  Translated that means he can do just about anything that needs to be
done to keep a paper mill running.

He built his own wood burning boiler.  It was out by his shop.  From there
he ran a supply and return line to his house and another loop to his  shop.
These circulated boiler water.  In the shop and in the house  he had heat
exchangers.  The one in the shop was water to air and furnished heat for the
shop.  In the house he had a water to air that furnished forced warm air
heating in the house.  He also had a water to water exchanger in the house.
That furnished domestic hot water in the cold months.  We don't have cold
weather here but about half the year so he had the domestic hot water line
looped through a regular electric water heater.  The thermostats on the
water heater were set such that it didn't come on as long as the boiler was
up and running.  In the warm months his hot water was supplied by the water
heater alone.

You're system wouldn't work too well here.  It was 78 here 3 days ago and 26
last night.  It'll probably be back in the 60's tomorrow and in the high
50's today.

Charlie