[AT] Case DH Christmas present

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 07:58:36 PST 2008

Folks,
   I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! After spending some
time with the family for breakfast and opening presents, I went out
and took a shot at firing up the DH I've been tinkering on for years.
Well, after a relatively short period of time I had it running
smoothly. There were a few kinks along the way but after all it's been
through, it was good to see the tractor run and drive. I believe the
last time this was actually driven was 1981 or thereabouts. I still
need to get the correct front end for the tractor (it has a DC front
axle on it right now) and some other minor issues but it fired up,
drove around the yard a bit and did what it was supposed to. The
typical minor issues (a couple leaks found after everything warmed up)
coupled with a light drizzling rain (Rain? in Phoenix? on Christmas?
naw!) and what looks like an intermittent magneto (something in the
timing advance setting cause it to loose fire sometimes, especially
when you want to start it up) caused me to park it back in the shop
and wait for better weather.

It was one of my many great Christmas presents. I hope everyone else
had nearly as good a Christmas day as we had here.

Ken in AZ