[AT] Temperature gauge

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 25 19:59:50 PST 2008

On Dec 25, 2008, at 8:55 PM, <oldiron62 at gmail.com>
<oldiron62 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Roy, on a warmer day 25+ f  tie a couple feedsacks over the front
> grill
> unless you can get a piece of pasteboard in front of the rad, then
> run it
> for a hour or until the gauge makes a move

Kevin,

I had in mind to stick a thermometer into the radiator to see if the
water is at least a little bit warm first.  I used to have a '69 volvo
and to the cardboard trick with that.  I'll have a look to see if I
can get some cardboard in the tractor.  I really need to solve the oil
leak problem first.

> Dean Van Peursem  wrote:
>
> Another way to test temp gauges is to remove them and put the bulb
> in boiling
> water on the stove.

Indeed.  I wonder how much coolant will run out.  Likely I can plug
the hole with a wine cork while I do some testing.  Knowing just where
boiling is on the gauge is a good idea.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net