[AT] Was Tractor hauler product--now foreign parts

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 20 08:23:08 PST 2008

On Dec 20, 2008, at 10:21 AM, John Hall wrote:...
> Those same parts are now coming to the US with a 40% scrap rate.
> Once you
> figure in delayed shipping of completed product and worry about what
> the
> inspectors did not find that will fail once in service,

In the 70's I worked at a company that (still) makes the world's best
automatic test equipment for the electronics industry.  One hundred
percent of all parts were tested before they were available for
manufacturing.  There were two reasons:

1) The company MADE automatic test equipment for testing parts, and so
it was fairly easy to do it.

2) more importantly, it cost WAY more to fix a few bad parts in
completed systems than it did to thoroughly test *all* incoming parts.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.