[AT] The "hood" on the W-4

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 19 16:50:38 PST 2008

I told you I'm new to tractors:

The oil pressure was low an wavering as I shut of the W-4 the other
day.  I did find where the filler point is after studying the manual
to find the one reference to the thing, dumped in 2-1/2 quarts and all
is well now. Got two new filters and oil at TSC, so I'm prepared to
put new oil into it.

But, in the process of looking for where to put oil in, I discovered
that the top tin on this thing is held down by spring clamps at the
corners, but the air intake and the exhaust pipe keep me from removing
the thing altogether.  Maybe my muffler clamp is lower than it should
or could be, but I can't move the sheet metal up more than an inch.
What's with that?

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net