[AT] New chainsaw

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Dec 18 22:57:35 PST 2008

Mike Sloane wrote:
> I am pretty sure that Electrolux owns Husqvarna, or at least the US
> operation. I think that the lawn tractors are made by (of course) MTD.
>
> Mike

Electrolux group owns a LOT of names and companies.
Kenmore, Frigidaire, Electrolux, Gibson, Kelvinator, White Westinghouse,

Until 2006 Electrolux also operated Husqvarna directly they were spun
off to shareholders and renamed the Husqvarna AB.

That group owns and builds the Husqvarna tractors and outdoor products
with that name. Two plants in Arkansas, one in Georgia, one in Nebraska
and one in South Carolina.

They also own American Yard Products. They build Poulan, Poulan Pro,
Jonsered, Craftsman, Sears, Roper, McCulloch, Weed eater, Rally, Dixon,
 and many store brands. Flymo is another one of theirs. Komatsu Zenoah
is also theirs now.

Echo, Stihl, Shindaiwa, Efco are about the only ones that build their
own gear.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York