[AT] New chainsaw

Mattias Kessén davidbrown950 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 08:29:02 PST 2008

Huskvarna is a small town next to Jönköping. Hus means house and kvarn
means mill but the saws etc. are spelled Husqvarna. Here is a short
quotation from their homepage "The brands in Forestry and Lawn and
garden are Husqvarna, Jonsered, Gardena, Flymo, McCulloch, Partner,
Poulan, Poulan Pro and Weed Eater. The brands in Construction are
Husqvarna and Diamant Boart." They have made guns, stoves,
sewingmachines etc. for more than 300 years. I believe that fridges
and stoves etc. are now made but Electrolux but I can be wrong. The
Husqvarnastock is traded at the swedish stockmarket (down 30% this
year, a bit better than average that is down 40%)

Jonsered have been active since 1834 in the small community Jonsered
outside Gothenburg. According to their homepage they have 20 factories
in 10 countries among them are Sweden, Norway and USA. As the
observative reader already has concluded they are owned by Husqvarna.

There are also the Stiga chainsaws I wonder if they are made at the
same factory as the mowers in Tranås. Do we ever do other things than
logging here?

Mattias