[AT] OT: Crosley engines (was Re: MF 1135 (MF 150 engine)

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Dec 17 07:26:29 PST 2008

Back in the mid '60s, the Crosley engines were very popular among the
"quarter midget" racing car gang. I guess they could be "souped up" to
fairly high hp for their size - there weren't a lot of small engines to
choose from in those days. The cars were front engine, rear wheel drive,
and most of the drivers had burns from the exhaust pipes that ran along
the outside, next to the cockpit.

Mike