[AT] refusing to replace old equipment

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 14 15:09:57 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hall" <jthall at worldnet.att.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 4:16 PM
Subject: [AT] refusing to replace old equipment

> Anybody else here that would rather fix up your older equipment than
> replacing it with new stuff?

That would include me. I guess after a life time of having to farm with
patched up second hand equipment it has become almost a religion with me. Of
course now I have the excuse that with the few acres that I farm it does not
pay to spend the money on new equipment. Quarter million dollar combines on
1000 acres can't be justified.  I've spent many hours patching up some old
junker and if I was being paid by the hour it just wouldn't make sense. But
theres a satisfaction in seeing that old stuff working knowing its because
of my efforts.

Ralph in Sask.