[AT] MF 1135

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 14 12:50:59 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Folske" <dfolske at nccray.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] MF 1135

> We h.ad an 1130, then an 1155, then an 1800 4wd. The biggest complaint
> with
> the 1130 and the 1155 was that they weren't very easy to shift.

Dan, interesting about the shifting problem . Occasionally my Super 90 will
do that and I have also experienced it on my brother's 1085. On mine it can
be almost like the range lever is locked in either high or low range and I
have to partially slip the clutch a little to get some movement and allow
the shifter to move. Can't be linkage as this one has the lever right on top
of the transmission. The 1085 has the dash mounted range shifter but acts
the same way. Not a major problem, just a minor annoyance sometimes.
There were a fair few of those Massey four wheel drives up this way too back
in the seventies. I never heard of any major defects in them either. About
the most common "old " tractors still in use here seem to be the sixties
John Deeres like the 3010 to 4020 series. Very few 30 series Case left.
Still see the odd Cockshutt and of course lots of IH too. AC is pretty well
non-existent and never did make much showing around here.
Back in the fifties Massey 44s were a dime a dozen and very popular.

Ralph in Sask.