[AT] Spam> OT: now pheasant

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 9 06:00:00 PST 2008

On Dec 9, 2008, at 8:38 AM, CEE VILL wrote:

>> I just learned today that the NYSDEC is closing the state's lone DEC
>> pheasant rearing facility -- Reynolds Game Farm -- in Ithaca ...

Cee Vill and Charlie,

I live in Groton, NY not far from Ithaca, so I looked for that place
on the map.  It seems to be quite close to Ithaca and Cornell.  Maybe
one day I can drive by there to see what's going on. Maybe they would
give me some pheasants to put out by my pond!

In a small effort in the opposite direction, I plan to make a batch of
blue bird nest boxes to put out this Spring around our field.  We have
about 20 acres, mostly open, and I think they'd like this place.
There are a couple of geese that come to our small dug pond
apparently.  We'll look for them this Spring.

Are there other birds I can easily attract with proper nest boxes?  Is
it as simple as making the right size hole in the front?

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.