[AT] Fuel prices: Now Portland

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 8 14:00:48 PST 2008

I will probably ramble bit here.  I like the tractor list much better than
engine list. But I take engines to Portland, because, they are easier to
haul, and they are in ATIS group. I wonder why engines stay together but
tractors don't. Certainly some farms bring 10-12 tractors and they are in a
group. We now have 2 tractors that would fit, 1956 JD 420 and 1953 Ford
Jubilee.  There is not a darn thing fancy about them, We use them, Period,
But enjoy meeting people and talking old tractors.  I have camped with
tractors guys last couple of times, they are the friendliest people as a
group I have ever met, not necessarily so with other group I know.

I feel bad, living 100 mi away, that I do not make their work days. What can
a 69 yr old that can't walk far do to help ... not much I think, so I have
stayed away.  I am not sure what next summer will bring, for my wife has
health problems right now, BUT if some one does not mind a couple of old
ugly tractors being in the group, I will try and find a trailer big enough
to haul both to Portland.

Thanks for listening, and thanks Gene for all you do.

Paul Waugh - IN