[AT] Fuel prices

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 13:26:21 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Gene Dotson <gdotsly at watchtv.net> wrote:
>    Farmer;
>    I have printed your remarks and will see that copies are delivered to
> the proper directors this Saturday night. You will be there won't you???
>
>                Gene

==================================

Hi Gene:

Yes we expect to be there. We haven't missed one for a while. Diana
sent in the reservations and a check about the same day we got the
notice. Its about the only chance we have to get acquainted with
folks. We have never sat down at the table to eat without having an
exceptional visit with some folks we didn't know before. At the show
the directors are usually absolutely buried with work and don't have a
lot of time to chat.
Don't get me wrong, they do an awful lot right. Its just that lately I
keep getting a feeling from some that that they think that we are
getting special favors that are of benefit only to us when I think the
previous arrangements of a central ATIS tractor location was of mutual
benefit. The last time I took several tractors, the MM sheller and a
buzz saw we sort of got flooded out by huge rains and were unable to
put on a good show but had it been better weather we might have
entertained a lot of people. When we set up at Conner Prairie living
history museum each fall we draw quite large crowds because we are an
active display.
I think who ever believes that we shouldn't have space to camp
together as a group just isn't looking. We get far more people and
campers in less space than about 75% of the rest of the campground. I
see area after area with a camper and several cars all spread out
using as much space as we use for about all of us.
BTW, it should be mentioned here that we all know that you certainly
do your part in organizing the camping area as well as working the
work days and speaking for us with the directors and I appreciate
that. I'm sure the others do as well. I just get the feeling in the
last couple of years that some among the directors for some reason
look on us a nuisance for some reason. As I said we squeeze in our
camping to save space. We spend thousands of dollars at the swap meet
and the trading post. We certainly eat our share of ice cream... I
just don't understand why we can't go on with staying together as a
group both in the campground and on the show grounds. If we can I for
one would be willing to bring a half dozen tractors. If they don't
want us to maintain an identity as a group and want to just scatter us
I simply won't bother. I'm sorry if that offends anyone but that is
just honestly how I feel. I just fail to see where we are being a
burden on them by maintaining that long established identity and
fellowship... It has in the past certainly brought ATIS members
together there from all over the US (and the world) most of which
probably wouldn't have come just for a tractor show.

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)