[AT] Fuel prices

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 7 17:46:13 PST 2008

Gas is $1.60 here with reports that it is down to $1.39 in eastern NC
(Wilson co.) Got filled up with propane yesterday $2.54.

 Funny observation about human nature--heard someone talking about paying
$1.70 for gas when they could get it for a nickel less down the road.
Three/four months ago every station here was $4-$4.25.

As far as fertilizer goes, I'm hearing nitrogen is/has been dropping--the
other 2 are what is running the price sky high. I buy straight from the
processor. When he complained about the price of  the ingredients he was
told to "pay up and shut up" as they had plenty of places bigger than him
willing to pay their price. At any rate, my wheat fertilizer bill more than
doubled from last year.

John Hall