[AT] 12-volt conversion

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 5 20:20:02 PST 2008

I used a 1961 Ford 12v generator with voltage regulator on my 47
B.  Changed lights to 12v.  6v starter has done very well and really
turns over!  Used a medium duty 12v battery negative ground -- fits
under the seat just fine.  With the magneto, no ignition changes needed.

To do it over again, I'd suggest a single wire GM alternator -- I
used one from a Buick on my Farmall MD.  The JD B might require some
pulley changing to get sufficient alternator rpm to kick into charging.

Bob Holtzer