[Ford-ferguson] New 8N "Boomer" from New Holland

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 04:57:16 PST 2008

Pulled the pictures... that's odd.

So here's a verbal description:  first of all, it's a 50HP 4WD modern
diesel tractor, so it sits a lot higher than an 8N, the rear wheels
are larger than an 8N, and the front wheels are even larger still, and
lugged.  The front wheels, in my mind, are one of the standout
elements that make it look different than an 8N.  It has a ROPS,
painted black, but it still stands out as another difference. Color
scheme is true 8N.  Hood is very reminiscent of the 8N, but it's a
little more rounded and swept-back "aerodynamic" at the top of the
radiator, and the headlights (LED, they claim) are faired into the
hood and bulge out only a little bit, kind of like on a modern car.

If you think how a New Beetle kinda-sorta looks like the original Bug,
but not really... well, I think this new 8N looks more like the
original, relatively speaking.  It's good.

Steve O.