[AT] coyotes

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Wed Dec 3 13:51:25 PST 2008

The main problem we have with these coyotes is in the watermelon patch.
They will damage a bunch in just a short time.  We put out hair from the
barber shop, I pee in a bucket and pour this in different places around the
edge of patch.

Just finished mowing weeds around the farm and found melon carcasses
scattered several hundred feet outside the melon field.

We do different things to try to discourage the coyotes from enjoying the
melons but they also like sweet corn about as much as some dogs do. They
will go into the corn field pick an ear and take it to the edge of the woods
and eat the corn off the cob. Sometime we find as many as 10 cobs in a stack
 Raccoons really like corn and will do lots of damage. The coons are caught
in live catch traps bated with cantaloupe and or dry dog food.  David takes
them to his place and turns them loose.

Normally we don't kill the coyotes because they eat lots of mice and rats.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA