[AT] Thanksgiving Day tractor chores+trees

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Tue Dec 2 05:02:18 PST 2008

I've seen a couple coyotes here but many more groundhogs.
Between the two I'll take the coyotes. <g>

The bigger problem here is the "long legged rats" (deer).  Of course
this time of year the population is reduced a bit.  The wild turkey can
also be a problem.  These days I don't have any big issues as I'm not
growing grain and the Chow makes sure they stay well away from the house
and garden.  I did see some significant damage in a nearby soybean field
last season - looked to be from grazing deer.

-

Yes Virginia, while most firefighters are a fine bunch of
fellows there also some really stupid ones out there too. Ask any good
fireman, he can name at least one idiot on every department he has
ever worked with.
   :-)

farmer your comment reminds me of a volunteer fire chief I worked with
years ago.  He was adamant that tossing a lit cigarette butt out the
window of a moving car would not ignite dry grass.  I also know many
firefighters that are fine fellows and very well trained for there
efforts but he surely didn't qualify.

David
NW NC