[AT] somewhat OT--skid steer vs tractor for mowing

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Wed Aug 13 04:39:07 PDT 2008

Lots of HP in a small package.  Front mounted cutter that will cut big
stuff.  Goes almost anywhere.  No flat tires.
Around there they are running them with the heavy duty, carbide toothed
flail mowers.  Those things will cut grass, cut down trees, grind stumps and
mulch soil all in one pass but they cost a small fortune.  I was looking at
them a while back.  I'd really like to be in that business but I figured if
I bought one that everybody and his brother would get one  a week later.  I
was right.  There are several around here.  Most of them are working just a
few days a month.  Some have already been sold.  It's about a $100,000 rig.
More than I can let sit idle.

Charlie