[AT] ATIS at Portland

steve sewell sewell at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Tue Aug 12 20:48:21 PDT 2008

At 09:53 PM 8/6/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>     Hey everyone;
>     It is that time of year again. Portland is only a few days away. The
>campgrounds opens this Saturday for early campers. The ATIS area will be at
>the same area with a few changes.
>
>     I Know many of the regulars will be back, The Dotsons, Spenser, Steve,
>Farmer, and Ivan. Unfortunately, George will be unable to attend because of
>health issues.
>     I would like to know of others who will attend and the type of
>facilities you will bring. Also would like to know what tractors you are
>bringing. I haven't had had much luck yet in securing a dedicated area for
>our tractors, but will work with Dave Pyle to see if we can get an area for
>us.
>     I have also agreed to work with Girard Family threshing crew to arrange
>tractors to run their machines. Would like to get as many of our tractors as
>I can from our group, so if you have a belt pulley and would like to
>volunteer, we could use you. Maybe even use a PTO tractor on the baler for
>straw
>     I will also be contacting the directors for any volunteer assignments
>that we can help with. Remember that volunteering our services is very
>important in maintaining our area.
>
>     I will be arriving on August 16 about noon with my Case LA and motor
>home. Be looking for a good turnout this year.
>
>     Gene Dotson, Wagonmaster for ATIS tractor campers.

I took the camper up yesterday AM. Was camper # 152 I think. Was #
180-something the last coupe of years. Talked to Jack Roush  (club V.P.)
while I was there. He had heard that most shows were down around 30% so far
this year. I'll be up on the 17th with the tractor for the week
- Steve

Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA
sewell at atis.net