[AT] somewhat OT--skid steer vs tractor for mowing

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 19:48:37 PDT 2008

I always figured it was for very rough cutting, aren't they hydraulic?
Can't you lift them up many feet in the air and trim down to a scuff
mark?  The highline cutters have a tractor rear hog that has a cover
that looks like a lady bug shell, it looks like the back 1/3 of it lifts
up to completely expose the blades.  It looks like they back into about
anything 4" or under.  With no tires, no flats.  I've wished for a
crawler with a PTO to clear some of my thorn fortune.