[AT] somewhat OT--skid steer vs tractor for mowing

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 12 18:44:30 PDT 2008

 Lately I have been seeing new Cat skid steers with rubber tracks fitted
with single blade bush hogs/brush cutters. The first one was mowing a lot
and the other 2 were mowing water line right of ways. What is so great about
these setups? They mow very ragged from what I have seen. It doesn't appear
the mowers can "float like a bush hog--they are on the ground one second and
a foot in the air the next. Whats the advantage of one of these over a
tractor?

John