[AT] Tractor Question - 420 JD

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sat Aug 9 20:07:31 PDT 2008

I can attest to the effects of a small amount of crud in the fuel tank.

My JD 2010 diesel got to where it wouldn't run at all.  We found a BB
sized ball of gunk blocking the fuel line.  After one tear down and some
tank cleaning that we did here I things were ok for a couple years then
back to the same issue.  So we took the tank off again and I had it hot
tanked and coated by a radiator shop.

One would think you could save money by buying the tank sealer and doing
the work yourself but when I investigated the whole situation I spent
about $20 more having the radiator shop do the work and the tractor was
down for a couple days rather than several days if I was piddling with
the tank.

My advice is to look at the fuel supply issue with a very critical eye.

David
NW NC