[AT] Tractor Question - 420 JD

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Aug 9 06:46:36 PDT 2008

I had a tractor years ago that would die when turned hard right after
pulling the plow out of the ground.  After several days of trying to
find the problem, I took off the tank and dumped out a stick about 1inch
wide and 3 inches long.  It would suck down over the fuel inlet.  If I
work on a tank, I remove the fuel valve and put a short piece of metal
tubing to stick into the tank about 3/4 of an inch.  I do not leave a
screen in the tank or in the sediment bowl.  This is what inline fuel
filters are made for.  This has saved me a lot of time over the years.

Cecil in OKla