[AT] Tractor Question - 420 JD

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Thu Aug 7 17:30:52 PDT 2008

Paul,

It sounds like one of the carburetors internal passages is still blocked. Looks
like it has the correct carburetor on it. See info below.  I would recommend the
following place to get your carburetor properly cleaned out. Roberts Carburetor
Repair in Spencer, IA.  They live test the carburetor on a running engine after
they work on it to make sure it is right.

https://robertscarbrepair.com/Default.asp

JD 420  Carburetor info

Ser # Range; Carburetor #; Fuel type

80001 - 113755; Marvel-Schebler TSX-641; Gasoline
113756 and up; Marvel-Schebler TSX-688; Gasoline
80001 and up; Marvel-Schebler TSX-678; Gasoline
80001 and up; Marvel-Schebler TSX-689; Replaces TSX-678
125001 and up; Marvel-Schebler TSG-80.5; LP-Gas

Dean Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA

If we take the time to count our blessings we don't have time to complain.