[AT] Tractor hauler question.

Francis Robinson robinson46176 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 08:08:46 PDT 2008

What inspection stations?   :-)

We use to have a safety inspection but they finally decided it was accomplishing almost nothing and was not reducing accidents since they didn't inspect drivers brains... A lot of very "temporary" repairs were being made. Guys driving on bald tires often borrowed a set to get through inspection. Gun Gum muffler sealer was sold by the semi-load and "usually" lasted until the sticker was affixed to the windshield. One station would condemn a car for a 2" long crack across a lower corner of a windshield (where all you could see was the hood) and the next one down the road would pass one that looked like a big spider web all across... A lot of guys would just keep trying stations until they found one that would pass anything. The word got out quickly on where to go and where to drop an extra $10 (was many years ago).
Indy has tried a couple of times to get pollution inspection through for them and the "circle 7" counties (I'm in one) but it has not happened so far. Probably will fairly soon. I don't really mind but I just wish they would use a little common sense. I know... isn't going to happen.   :-)
I have several pollution free chain saws. There has not been the slightest trace of smoke coming out their exhaust for years. Of course if I started one it would smoke.   :-)

farmer

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at hotmail.com