[AT] ATIS at Portland, now 'wireless'

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Thu Aug 14 19:04:03 PDT 2008

There is a fairly large hog operation and grain buying station not too far
from me.  Right down the road from it is a "planned community" (fancy name
for a subdivision) full of retirees from cities.  The hog farm was there
years before the subdivision was ever thought of but eventually enough
idiots moved into the place that they incorporated it into a town.  Then
they set out to do a extra-territorial jurisdicion on the hog farm with the
intent of shutting it down.  Well the guy that was our State Representative
at the time got word of it.  He contacted the subdivision turned town and
told them if they persisted in trying to shut down the hog farm that he
would pass legislation to remove their town charter.  That shut them up!

Charlie