[AT] Question about travel experiences for some of you tractor guys--OT

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Sun Aug 3 13:36:18 PDT 2008

I know, this is way off topic but couldn't think of a better bunch of
men to ask.  If a guy and his wife want to experience a really
special country outside North America (while they can still get
around!)--where would be some good places based on your fortunate
experiences? ....where friendly folks speak a little English, don't
blow people up, and have good food.  Best time we've had so far is a
10-day trip through Arizona.  I was looking at some fantastic country
in Australia on Google Earth, but not sure I could survive 18 hours
over the ocean--or figure out where and how to go once there.  Went
to Hawaii several years ago which was a great experience--although a
little "civilized."   Holler if you have any ideas.    Maybe I could
call this a little "on topic" by looking for old tractors and engines
along the way.  In Hawaii I did take a close look and photos of an
ancient lawn mower powered by an old hit'n miss engine.   John

                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon