[Ford-ferguson] Turn of the century "Buck Rake"

David labuba at netscape.ca
Sat Aug 2 08:56:32 PDT 2008

I appologise for going off topic but I am lost and can find no info other
than the memory from a little boy of something my granfather had. I have
built an old fashion "Buck Rake' This is not a "Dump Rake" it is mounted on
the back of a truck and pushed along a windrow of hay backwards to fill a
big scoop or hay wagon with out wheels type thing  This is for harvesting
loose hay... When full it is lifted or tilted up with a hoist of some sort
and you head to the barn with your load of hay. If any one has any knowledge
of these and a good design or other info would they contact me at
labuba at netscape.ca.  It all works great except it won't load all the way.
When the hay in the rake equalizes in weight to  the weight of the windrow
hay then it starts pushing the hay down the windrow into a pile and not into
the rake. Then to complete the load I have to fork the rest on from the pile
created just at the end of the rake. Thanks and again sorry for going of
topic of tractors. I have a TEA-20 Ferguson and use it almost daily as a
second smaller tractor for things like raking , snow clearing, and a lot of
other liter jobs. My Dad bought it in 1952 and it has never missed a stroke
since new, ecxept for a starter motor gear.  Thanks, David........, Ontario
Canada